Okash loan: The micro-lending application founded and launched in March 2018 by the Opera group is one of the biggest and fastest-growing mobile loan apps in Kenya and in Nigeria.
- Disclosure: Here @ buxyi.com, Our writers independently research, test, and recommend the best loan and loan apps for you to secure a loan without any collateral; you can learn more about our review process here and also sign up through the affiliate links here will add a chunk of income to our pocket.
The loan app is said to be among the fastest-growing mobile loan app because of its level of download on the Google play store.
The loan app has recorded more than 1 million downloads on the Google play store since it was launched in 2018.
Kenya citizens can access up to Ksh. 50,000 from the Okash app. The loan provider offers a short and long tenor repayment plan with a maximum interest rate of 24% per year.
Their short-term repayment plans are 90 days which is 3 months and their long-term repayment plan is 365 days which is 12 months.
Let’s quickly run down how you can get registered on Okash loan.
Okash loan registration process.
Getting along with Okash is easy, simple, and convenient, all you need to do is to first;
- Download and install the loan app from your Google play store.
- Secondly, open the Okash app and navigate to the signup button.
- Finally, fill in the necessary details which include the listed below;
- Your full name.
- National identification card number.
- Your date of birth.
- Level in education.
- Details of any outstanding loan are there is any.
- Marital status (if you are married).
- Monthly salary (if you are employed).
- Employment details (if you are employed).
- Residential areas.
- Referee’s name and phone number.
- Then verify your mobile number.
- Immediately after your Okash app is fully activated, they will run a quick check on the information you provided and this helps to determine your loan eligibility and the amount they can offer you.
Haven saw the Okash registration processes that are what is involved in the registration let’s quickly take a look at how you can apply for a loan on Okash.
How to apply for an Okash loan
Using the same Smart phone you used when registering for the Okash;
- Click the Okash app.
- Log in to the Okash loan account with your username and password.
- Check the loan limit shown on the screen of your phone.
- Select the amount you want to borrow, all remember to select the amount you can payback.
- Select the tenor of the loan i.e. how long you want the loan to last.
- Then apply for the loan.
- Patiently wait for the loan to be disbursed to your Mpesa account within a few minutes.
We know that you will be asked to take a picture before you can apply for an Okash loan;
How to take a Picture on Okash loan
Taking a picture on Okash loan for your loan to be approved is pretty, all you need to do is to have a good Android or iOS (iPhone) with a good camera, if you are the one snapping yourself then you have to focus the front camera on your face wait for it to clear then snap just like a selfie but if you ask someone to snap you, he or she should focus on your face and wait for it to clear that is being bright then snap, then finally upload and wait for their response.
We always advise you to repay your loan before or on the agreed date to avoid getting listed on the CRB.
Okash loan requirement
- Full name.
- Mpesa bank account.
- National identification card number.
- A valid phone number.
- Date of birth.
How to repay Okash loan
- First, open the Okash loan app on your mobile device.
- Login to your Okash loan account with your username and password.
- Navigate to make a repayment.
- You will automatically be redirected to the Mpesa menu.
- Fill in the necessary information including your Mpesa PIN number.
- Click on the repayment button.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation message from Mpesa and Okash telling you that your repayment was successfully made.
Okash loan interest rate
Okash loan charges a maximum of 24% interest rate per year on every loan offered
Okash customer care/contact number
If you in any way encounter any problem while registering on the app or if you have any questions about their loan services, you can reach out to them through email>>firstname.lastname@example.org with your registered Mpesa number.
You can also reach out through their contact number @ 0207659988.
If you are in Nigeria or some other part of the world and need an emergency loan to solve an immediate monetary issue, you can try a branch loan.
The Okash loan is available for everyone, that is to say, anybody can access a loan from Okash both the employed and unemployed provided you are a citizen of Kenya,